As data controller we take all necessary steps to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when handling any personal information.
• When you supply any personal information to us we will meet our legal obligations to you in the way that we deal with that information.
• In accordance with GDPR we are required to collect the information fairly and to let you know how we will use it and whether we will pass the information on to anyone else.
• We will comply with the Principles set out in GDPR and we will ensure all personal information supplied to us is held securely.
• We use up-to-date industry procedures to keep personal data as safe and secure as possible against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access.
• Should you wish to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you please write to Peter Goord Travel, 443 Crownhill Road, Plymouth, PL5 2HG, email email@example.com or call 01752 364186.
As soon as we are satisfied as to your identity we will send you, within one month, a copy of all the data we hold concerning you. Please contact us if you have any reason to believe the data we hold on you is inaccurate.
What Personal Information Do We Collect And Why Do We Collect It?
• We collect personal information from you when you book holidays and other travel products in order to fulfil the contract.
• This processing is in accordance with the legitimate interests condition of GDPR which includes fulfilment of the contract and direct marketing activity.
• The information we will need to collect and store from you in order to fulfil your travel arrangement contract includes but is not limited to: your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth and passport information in addition to the same information for each passenger.
• The consequence of not providing your personal data would be that we would be unable to fulfil the contract and the travel arrangements could not be provided.
• If you pay for your holiday by debit or credit card, we will need to take your credit card details in order to process the payment. We do not retain your credit card information once the transaction has occurred.
• We will collect personal information from you when you submit personal information about yourself via the website or social media. The information collected enables us to administer or process orders or requests, and to provide you with a more personalised experience of the website and its functionality.
• We may also keep a record of those parts of the website you use most often to enable us to monitor and improve our service and to know which parts are of most interest to you.
• We will use the personal information supplied by you to administer any registration services, to keep a record of the services you have subscribed to/products you have purchased and to deliver to you services/products you have requested and to help us personalise our service to you.
To Whom Will We Supply Your Personal Data?
• We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to any other third parties.
• We will only supply your personally identifiable information to any other person or organisation:
i) Where we need to share the information to provide a product or service you have requested.
ii) Where we need to send the information to persons or organisations who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you but such persons or organisations may only use this information in order to provide such product or service and not for any other purpose.
iii) Where we are required to forward the information in order to comply with a regulatory or legal process.
• Regardless of whether you are travelling inside or outside the EEA, we may share your personal information with the local fulfilling travel companies (e.g. hotels, transfer companies, excursions, car hire etc) in your destination in order to fulfil the performance of your contract.
Like many websites, when you visit this website we issue a 'cookie' or unique code that allows us to identify your computer. We use the cookie to note the different areas of this website recently accessed through your computer - it is only used in relation to this website and not in relation to any other websites you may visit. We use the information collected in this way to tell you about services or products which might be of interest to you when you make further visits to this website.
Links to Other Websites
• Peter Goord Travel takes great care to ensure the security of this website and your personal information.
• On making a booking, your personal data will be held securely on Microsoft Azure platforms operated by Voyager Travel Systems who are GDPR compliant.
Your Right to Withdraw Consent
You have a right to withdraw consent from direct marketing activity. You can do this by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of one of our marketing emails, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us.
Your Right to Complain
You have a right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority. In the UK this is the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) – www.ico.org.uk